Stuart Turner replacement pump questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Stuart Turner pump that has failed. (The motor coils look dark at one side, it sparks when switched on and it was running hot).

I spoke to Stuart Turner - they don't repair pumps where the motor has failed, so I'm left with replacing the whole thing.

These seem a little expensive to me - and at only 5 years old seem to fail rather early (or am I expecting too much from modern manufacturing?).

My questions, then:

o is replacement the only way to go? What are the alternatives?
o where is the cheapest place to buy one?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

The pump is a Monsoon N 3.0 bar twin model: 46158

Sponsored Links
Most pumps fail because they're not connected by the book.

Monsoon as do others have a preferred method, and a least preferred method.

Motors rarely fail on the S-T pumps if they are installed with the correct ventilation.

I have seen the PCB fail though.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hmm.

Thanks for your replies.

I had a look at the PCB - this didn't show any signs of failure (ie no burnt components etc).

The pump is located in a cupboard and has a good amount of space all around. The cupboard is not ventilated, though.

I'll have a look on the S-T website to see if they have a best practice document for installation - see if it has been done properly.

The pump was installed into a new built flat about 5 years ago. If it has been installed wrongly, there could be a lot failing!

Thanks again,

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back