Stuart Turner v Salamander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, I hope this is in the right section!!!

Can anyone give me their opinions on which make of pump is better. I was on the verge of buying a Stuart Turner until I went into a plumbing shop and they told me that plumbers recommend Stuart Turners as they are much easier to fit. His opinion is that Salamander pumps are quieter and better quality.

I'm looking for a 3.5 or 4 bar pump (apparently I need a negetive pump).

Any opnions will be gratefully accpeted. BTW, I will not be installing the pump myself. I am only buying the parts and getting someone to rebuild my bathroom for me.

Sponsored Links
can't see the difference in fitting the pumps they both have 4 flexi hoses etc and just pushfit onto your copper pipes.

as for best they are both quality pumps.
yes maybe the salamander is abit quieter.

why don't you speak to whos doing your bathroom.

I'm actually not decided on who is going to do it yet. I've been messed about on prices and quotes so I'm still looking.

I've decided that I'm going to buy all the parts myself and just pay for the labour. I am always wary as to how much the builder puts on top of parts.

I prefer to just get the items myself and then when I pay for labour I know what I'm paying for.

Maybe I'm wrong, but now, with the power of the internet I believe that trade prices are available to anyone. The only difference being that I won't get 30/60 days credit and I'll have to pay for it up front. Not the end of the world in my opinion.

Anyway, back to my original thread.......thank you for your response. I'm now leaning towards a Salamander.

Sponsored Links
trouble with getting your own stuff you can end up getting it wrong.
no end of times i've been asked to do bathrooms etc with goods supplied and they are wrong or aren't the best for end result.

and if it causes problems you can be charged for a wasted days labour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back