Stubborn stains on enamel/porcelain bath -- removal tips?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks for reading.

Basically, having re-grouted/re-masticked my bathroom and around the bath itself, everything looks bright and shiny white... except the stubborn stains on the bath itself. I have read the odd forum on how to remove stains/scum/this kind of thing from baths/sinks, and, as a result, have tried a few things, the most-recommended of which has been making a paste by mixing hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Well, having tried this and having applied several layers of paste over many repeat attempts, whilst a little of the scum/stain has been lifted, the majority of it remains and makes the bathroom look unsightly in spite of all the effort gone into the bathroom elsewhere.

ANY TIPS TO REMOVE STUBBORN STAINS/SCUM WOULD BE SO MUCH APPRECIATED! (I even tried Nitromors, but that had no effect either!)

Thanks a million!

Sponsored Links
Either you have a damaged enamel surface which means you are on a hiding to nothing, or the scum is being retained by lime scale.
Now you do have to be careful about using lime scale removers on enamel baths but as nothing else has worked try something like viakal or limelight scale remover spray.

Try a small area first and don't leave it on any longer than you need to.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=252675391

It will also make your chrome taps sparkle if they are dulled with scale.

Either you have a damaged enamel surface which means you are on a hiding to nothing, or the scum is being retained by lime scale.
Now you do have to be careful about using lime scale removers on enamel baths but as nothing else has worked try something like viakal or limelight scale remover spray.

Try a small area first and don't leave it on any longer than you need to.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=252675391

It will also make your chrome taps sparkle if they are dulled with scale.

Footprints, many thanks indeed! I will give this a whirl for sure -- as you say, little has worked thus far, so perhaps it's now time for something as limescale remover.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back