Stuck replacing toilet flush valve - help please!

+1 for Denso's suggestion.

The critical thing is get a flush valve with a 2" outlet cradle.

Sponsored Links
Thank you to everyone that took the time to help me out.. I'm going to return the flush valve kit and order a 2 in as recommended by denso13. Glad I found this forum.. Be safe everyone

Update, I was going to order a new 2in flush valve but ended up ordering a 2in rubber connector as someone else suggested. I realised after I'd ordered the rubber connector that the connector would just connect the flush valve and toilet flush pipe (basically sitting on top of each other) but wouldn't slot over the top which I think is what I'd need so the cistern would sit in the same position as before . With the rubber coupling the cistern will sit up and the only way around this would be to cut some of the toilet pipe away so the cistern would sit in the same spot.

So I've gone and picked up a viva flush valve from toolstation today that has a changeable cradle.. However, as mentioned by one of you chaps I might encounter a problem with the flush valve nut. The viva didn't come with one and the thread on the old one is different and won't screw up fully!!

So I I've checked online and see that viva do a 2 in flush pipe nut and seal that I've managed to order for less than £2. Please tell me this is what I'll need...
Screenshot_20200424_164954.jpg

Sponsored Links
Please tell me this is what I'll need...

Oh dear, that's the joys of plumbing, it happens to the best of people. The nut you have ordered is the same make as the flush valve so it should be ok. Fingers crossed......

It's one of those "why can't they just put one in the feckin box" situations... Happens all the bloody time with plumbing :cautious:

Pretty sure you've got the part you need comjng (y)

Thanks guys .. So far I've bought 2 flush valves and inlet, a rubber coupling and now the viva coupler.. Third time lucky... All to fix a poxy toilet... I'll keep you updated..

Update, toilet all sorted .the viva flush nut coupler turned up and fitted.. Job done . Thanks to everyone that contributed..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back