Stuck uPVC window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Wonder if you could help me with this one, we have a uPVC window which originally would not shut. I moved the handle and I could see the bolts moving from side to side underneath but they didn't move enough to sneak passed the sockets in the frame.
Suddenly, and I do not know how, the window shut "Great" i thought however this was short lived as I now cannot open said uPVC window as I'm assuming that the bolts are still moving but not enough to clear the sockets.

I have removed the handle and checked that the mechanism still does move and the handle still moves between the normal range ... i.e. it doesn't get stuck part way.

I also noted that if I blew down the hole where the spindle goes some water came out.
I can therefore assume that some water has got in and has effected the system but not enough to stop it working.

My question is, yes i did have a question, how do I fix my window as it's now jammed shut?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back