Stud Wall barriers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on enclosing an open porch area with a timber stud wall. Stud wall will be 300 centres with PIR insulation, 12mm cement board (or similar) internal facing with paster finish. Outside facing OGP rendered and stone cladding.

I believe I should put a waterproof barrier on the inside wall between insulation and cement board. Then a breathable membrane on the outside wall between insulation and OGB. Is this correct? I was looking at an aluminium foil type stuff that also apparently has an insulation property as the vapour barrier and a roofing breathable membrane as the outside facing layer. Any recommendations to products that do these jobs?

Sponsored Links
Yes put your vapour control layer on the warm side and your breathable membrane on the cold side, make sure any condensation can drain away on the cold side.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back