Stud Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm currently planning a new ensuite bathroom. I have fitted bathrooms and kitchens before but never constructed a stud wall. I have read various conflicting advice and so wanted to make sure i had it correct before i started. The stud wall will run parallel to the floor joist, however unfortunately it doesn't run over it. Some people say that it is fine to nail the sole plate purely to the floorboards, however others say that you need to install some additional wood beams running between the joists in hangers to attach the stud wall to. Which is the best option? That part of the wall will be about 2m in length and will hold the door and a towel rail (if weight is an issue).

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks

Sponsored Links
How is the stud working out in relation to the ceiling joists? Screw the head into the joists if possible.

The head can screw into the ceiling joists as they run at right angles to the stud wall. Is this enough?

Sponsored Links
Sorry i'm an idiot and easily confused. So just connecting to floorboards and ceiling joist is enough?

Thanks for your help

Thanks. Last question. I haven't got a nail gun and so thought it would be easier to screw it not nail it. What sixe screws would be best?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back