Studio Flat condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Now the cold weather is coming, the windows need to be shut. I live in a small studio flat with sash windows. Before I moved in a while ago now, the windows had mould which was due to the condensation build up. I've done best job I can in cleaning and repainting and I don't want my hard work ruined by the condensation. Every morning I need to wipe the windows and while I don't mind doing it, I'd like to try and prevent it as cheaply as possible.
Any ideas? There is a significant amount of draft coming from the windows and thought to get some stripping for the windows which would still allow me to open them if needed. before i bought a couple of them dehumidifiers from the pound shop and it did capture a lot of moisture as they were full of water but still had the condensation. Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The little "dehumidifier" tubs are no use, you'd need a proper dehumidifier that plugs in a wall socket, (£100-£200).

I take it the windows are single glazed? Can you add secondary glazing? What ventilation is there for cooking/showers?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back