studio flat hot water options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am converting my basement into a studio flat for my Dad and would like some advice over my options for hot water.

At the moment the house boiler is down there; and we were thinking of moving it upstairs and running all the hot water on electric.

He will have a shower, washing machine (-won’t use ours Gawd knows why) kitchen sink and bathroom sink.

We were worried about the water pressure but got advise & ran the house shower while running the cold water tap in the basement; -all seemed fine; so hopefully we’re OK for an electric shower downstairs.

My question is if I’m running a shower, is there some way to use that power to run the other things; with the assumption being no 2 things will be on at the same time?

I’ve looked into unvented direct mains pressure water heaters; and have been told that would work fine by one plumber, but that it wouldn’t by another (it will run out during a longer shower which I don’t understand) and that I should use a Megaflow.

Now I’m confused, any advice gratefully received

Cheers

GC

Sponsored Links
HI

I suggest you fit unvented system.if there is enough water pressure then it will be fine.as for electric ,you might not be able to run two or more appliances together on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back