Stump removal and roots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had all the bushes and connifer trees cut right down to the base. Next door were getting some work done so i asked them to cut it all down.

Now im left with a couple of tree stumps i want to remove before landscaping the garden. I believe i can drill some holes and apply stump remover, cover and leave several weeks.

Can this also be done to a few big roots i am also left with from other bushes or is the best way for these to dig up. The guy said the would all die off in about 2 months and i should be able to just kick them out.

Is he right? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think it will take a while longer for the stumps and roots to die down and rot.....it could be an idea to get stuck in with a grubbing mattock here!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.
30 sm in diamater roughly for the connifers.

Some of the smaller bush roots i can probably dig out. The connifer stumps are pretty close to the front room window, (Whoever planted them needs their head reading) so im a bit reluctant to start digging out in case it affects the brickwork of the house.

I want to create a border around the house and infill with decorative stone so if can somehow kill them off and take it below ground level, once i infill with stone, nobody will know any difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back