Stupid Welsh Weather!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just had to come home from the local playing fields where the Welsh Proms in the Park concert was supposed to be held. One hour before it was due to start, along comes the thunder and a sudden downpour which meant it had to be cancelled. :(

Pressed the red button on BBC to see if any others had been cancelled but it seems it's only here in Wales that the weather has decided to spoil things. Everybody was blaming the country and asking, 'Why do they bother having things in Wales?'. A little harsh, but it does seem that most events held here seem to be spoiled by the weather, or is that just my imagination and other places suffer equally? :confused:

I'm not too disappointed about missing the concert (only went because it was a two minute walk away and unlikely to ever be here again) but I was really looking forward to seeing the fireworks!! ;)

Never mind, I can watch the boxing now! :D

Sponsored Links
W......A.....L..........E.........................S

Wet And Lousy Especially in the Summer

Or something like that.

Sponsored Links
W......A.....L..........E.........................S

Wet And Lousy Especially in the Summer

Or something like that.

Not far wrong! :LOL:

Typically, as soon as the cancellation was announced it stopped raining and it's now drying up. :rolleyes:

At least we can get an early night and be up in plenty of time for the South Africa match in the morning. Come to think of it, there was HUGE thunderstorm for the opening of the Millennium Stadium when we beat the Springboks. Hope tonights 'storm' is an omen! :p

I've worked out what's been bugging me about this thread - its title.

Surely this is two topics in one: "Stupid Welsh" and "Weather" ;)

I suppose it never rains in england? Now we all know what they say about Manchesters weather!

It's been very wet in Wales since late 1966.

God's crying because I was born there but left in September.

Sponsored Links
Back