subfloor for engineered flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to fit a 15mm engineered oak floor (plywood backed) but my subfloor has some problems.
Part is chipboard (approx 6m sq.) and the rest (approx 12m sq.) is concrete.
The concrete has patches of bituminous residue and it isn't flat, so I am thinking of glueing some sheet plywood down first.
The chipboard has been nailed into the supporting beams and some boards are now slightly raised, so I am intending to screw them down as well. Presumably I would need to put plywood down on top to bring both floors to the same level?
Also what thickness of ply would I need, can I get away with 3mm? I would be laying a 3 or 4mm foam underlay on top of that. Do I need to leave an expansion gap for the plywood, and what size sheets should I be laying?
Thanks in advance for any help/advice/comments.

Sponsored Links
read the sticky at the top on how to level a wooden subfloor and adapt it. If your struggeling to do so then come back to me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back