Subsidised Rockwool - Who Checks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apart from the moral issues, if I put subsidised rockwool in my extension roof, who would check and tell me that I need to remove it? The BI presumably wouldn't know whether it was subsidised or not (and presumably doesn't care)
Anyone EVER had any issues?

Sponsored Links
Its used on sites all the time and is exactly the same. Some of it has a black 'diy use only' running through it but its only every few metres and not exactly clear anyway. If its your own house and not job who cares just say you did it yourself.

There are no moral issues

The criteria is that it is for DIY use only - obviously to prevent companies making a profit out of the scheme.

But if anyone can explain, and give a logical reason why it should be used for "existing lofts only and not new extensions" then I'd like to hear it

Is the heat out of an extension roof produced from some other energy source and contribute some sort of different CO2 to some different planet than the heat from the main roof?

woody

The rationale has to be that if you are building an extension then BR forces you to use 270 mm or whatever and so there is no need to sunsidise that as you have no choice.

Existing, inadequate installations cannot be coerced so have to be enticed with subsidy.

Sponsored Links
The subsidised insulation is mostly targeted towards the fuel "poor", if you can afford an extension, you can afford the insulation.

{/highhorse}

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back