sudden drop of pressure when boiler kicks off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
When boiler kicks off pressure drops roughly 0.5Ba and then gradually goes back to initial level (usually pressure sits around 1.1-1.2 BA to drop suddenly to 0.7-0.6 ba) Is that normal - see video

http://youtu.be/v2oH0rSUQMo

I had plumbers regarding that twice recently and was told it is normal
?? is it??

Many thanks for your advice
Victor

http://youtu.be/v2oH0rSUQMo

Sponsored Links
What do you mean when you say "boiler kicks off" do you mean when the demand for heat or HW stops ? or when a demand starts ?

Sponsored Links
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

two plumbers that have been in your house and looked physically at the layout and pressure flutuations tell you its fine... but you dont believe them

But

People on a forum tell you its normal and its gospel!! he he :p

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

two plumbers that have been in your house and looked physically at the layout and pressure flutuations tell you its fine... but you dont believe them

But

People on a forum tell you its normal and its gospel!! he he :p

No - I had plumbers and heating engeneers from company X literally 14 times in 6 month in new house, as they could not find a leak, changed different vessels, pumped expansion vessel, put sealants etc, eventually found a leak, so I have very little trust in those people.. so since noticing this happening with gauge recently (was not happening before) and hearing from them it's ok, I dont think it's strange that I ask for second opinion??

Anyway thanks for all replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back