Suggest any good makes/models for cctv?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want a cctv system in my house. 3 external cameras to give a good picture both day and night. Also I want a recorder that can transmit the info across my wireless system to my computer.

Any advice on software for such a system would also be helpful.

Sponsored Links
I have just itted a 3 camera system with an Avtech 760 DVR.Software is supplied with the DVR to enable you to connect it to your network.I have a wireless network, however as i had a spare cable lying about ran it underneath the floor and have connected it all up with this.Runs smooth and i can watch the cameras from the computer at the back of the house.I can also change settings and start the DVR recording from the computer.The software also lets you take a still photograph and sticks it on your computer desktop.

Depends on your budget but I've been very happy with my system. Bought direct from the manufacturer in China via ebay and found their after sales support very good plus a lot cheaper than anything else I've seen.

Regarding the network I have also hardwired mine despite having a wifi network. You could use a wireless bridge but if you want to transfer large chunks of video footage to a PC ethernet comes in handy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back