Suggested height of a wall hung sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Could I please have some recommendations for the most common height for a wall mounted sink and cupboard?

Also if I want to position wall mounted taps, what is the best suggested height above the sink?

You can assume the installation is for non-disabled access.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Your choice.
I built a vanity unit for a family of very tall people 1100 mm in height.
Also built them a kitchen with same worktop height.
Unless you intend to sell, make it comfortable for you.

So we were advised 800mm height for my father's disabled bathroom by his Occupational Therapist. I've seen showrooms display them at anywhere between 850mm and 950mm. I was thinking about 850mm. My builders are suggesting 800mm.

What about wall mounted taps, 100 or 200mm above the sink?
Whilst on the topic, what about the rim height of a bathtub?

Sponsored Links
Wall mounted taps depends on the spout. No set rules.
Bath depends on your bath panel and getting trap underneath if you have a solid floor.

Is it for you?

So stand right with arms beside your sides and get some one to measure from the floor to your wrists.

Do the same for your (adult) partner and determine the average.

That average is the height of the top of the sink.

Taps just need to be a comfortable height above the sink but the higher the outlet the more likely that splashing over the edge will occur.

Bath height - that is determined by how much space is needed for the waste underneath.

So we were advised 800mm height for my father's disabled bathroom by his Occupational Therapist. I've seen showrooms display them at anywhere between 850mm and 950mm. I was thinking about 850mm. My builders are suggesting 800mm.

What about wall mounted taps, 100 or 200mm above the sink?
Whilst on the topic, what about the rim height of a bathtub?

I like kitchen tap spouts to end as high as reasonably possible above a sink. The higher they are, the more useful they become. Our present one is too low/ too close to the sink - I struggle to rinse items when doing the washing up, filling kettles etc..

Our bath is set as low as possible for easy ingress and exit. I made a hole in the floor, to accommodate the waste trap, to allow it to be placed an extra couple of inches lower.

I like kitchen tap spouts to end as high as reasonably possible above a sink. The higher they are, the more useful they become. Our present one is too low/ too close to the sink - I struggle to rinse items when doing the washing up, filling kettles etc..

Our bath is set as low as possible for easy ingress and exit. I made a hole in the floor, to accommodate the waste trap, to allow it to be placed an extra couple of inches lower.

It's interesting you say that. When we redid our mum's kitchen we thought we'd move away from a lower almost straight tap to one with a tall neck for the precise reasons you outline i.e. easier to manoever and wash pans and big items etc. What we now find is that it's more a hinderance and the splash back is quite bad especially when positioned over the drain hole that we have to turn down the water pressure quite a bit.

For our own renovation of our house, I'm considering my options again.

So Harry what is your bath rub rim height?

Hmm you have a point there, be all over the place, basins fitted higher up on cold days or if the homeowner was particularly attractive :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back