Suggestion for paint for kitchen cupboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few weeks ago I picked up some Dulux Trade Satinwood water-based by mistake (I usually go for oil-based), and was really happy with the results - first time I've used water-based.

I now have some kitchen cabinets to paint (doors and shelves) and can't decide on the best paint to use. I gather oil-based should be more hard-wearing? I see that Dulux also do a 'Cupboard Paint' which they reckon is 10 times tougher than their water-based satins. It's Dulux Retail though, rather than Trade, and I know that a lot of the gimmicky retail paints (eg one-coat, non-drip, etc) don't give a great finish.

Has anyone used the Dulux Cupboard Paint? Any other suggestions for a suitable paint? I'm after a mid-sheen finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The only cupboard paint I have ever used was international melamine and MDF paint. It was very good stuff, had the kitchen for 5 years after with no chips to the paint work.
No idea if you can still get this or not but b&q sold it back then.

You will need a melamine primer then paint in whatever undercoat and topcoat you wish.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have re-painted our entire kitchen in rustoleum satin wood paint. no need to sand down prior just slap on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just done our kitchen doors and used Farrow And Ball Eggshell (exterior), Can get interior .but the exterior is harder wearing and washable.
Used a small roller to put on .Turned out great

Sponsored Links