Suggestions for outdoor sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I don't think I'm reposting a question - this one seems subtly different to most the others - but any suggestions for a large, high IP, socket box for my decking where I can plug adapters as well as normal plugs. The current sockets are those with flaps over the front; I'm looking for something where I can leave AC adapters plugged in - it's a fused, switched spur, so I can turn on/off from inside.

Ta

Whitling2k

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Would I need to hard-wire the 4-gang extension into the current armoured cable (which comes out of my fused, switched spur), or would I need a socket in this enclosure to keep things safe & compliant?

The usual way would be to fit an outdoor socket to the armoured cable, fix the enclosure beside the socket, then plug the extension lead that is in the enclosure, into the outside socket. That way at least if you no longer need the AC adaptors etc. you can remove the enclosure, unplug the extension lead and you are left with a useful outside socket.

Sponsored Links
I get you - so you must be able to get IP66 etc sockets that can keep their IP rating with a plug in them - the current doesn't allow that - the cover flap stays upright when a plug is in.

The MK is by far the best, but not you won't be able to close the lid with even the smallest wall wart plugged in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back