Suggestions for replacement boiler for halstead sime

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boss needs to replace her boiler and she has asked me to try to help her find a boiler and a trades man who is not trying to diddle her as she is chinese and her english is not great and the quotes she has had seem quite ridiculous.

I had a llok at her boiler and have took some info off it, it is quite old boiler the make is sime halstead combi 30/90, i think it is a 24kw as the chart displayed on the boiler has all the different kw for different operations and the maximum kw reading on the chart is 24kw .

What boiler would be an ideal equivalent replacement for this model, also I understand all fitters charge differently but a rough estimate of how much it may be for a boiler to be fitted.

Any help is greatly appreciated ;)

Sponsored Links
Get a quote from British Gas. They wouldn't "diddle".

Fisrt start with the assumption that tradesemen are in general trying to diddle, then go onto a forum where tradesmen out of the kindness of their heart offer free help to the public and ask for their help, then see how much help you get. :evil:

What is it she really wants most? Best quality of best price? They do not go together.
The best route is generally considered to be finding a local installer with good reputation and go with his advice, and leave all details concerning make, model and size to him.
Though British gas is unlikely to do a cowboy job, their hourly rate is extremely high and you never know who will do the job for you. it could be a first rate engineer with 30 years experience, but more likely to get someone who just past his exam.

Sponsored Links
If you search on here for best boilers etc you will find loads of posts.

This subject has been tediously covered hundreds of times.

Thanks for your advice, and mr barker I wasnt suggesting that all trades men diddle I was relaying her concerns at the high quotes she had been given as some of them differ greatly in price which make her question some of the tradesmens motives as to if she was going to get alue for money.

She dont want to get diddled she wants a good job at the proper rate which has been covered in other posters reply.

Once again thanks and if my wording of my op offended it was not meant

Are you teaching her english as well as sorting her boiler problems out by any chance?

this year we started out fitting 24 i juniors worcsters and after 7 years of fitting there 24 i then 24 i junior we carried on with there condensers but had alot of proplems so we went to gloworms combi condensers and they were good but we found out that saunier duval (thema now)were the same boiler basically just rebadged people say there crap but ive fitted over 100 since april and how many call backs 2 ,1 my own fault 2 ,the in built filling loop was very very slow so how can i tell you to not go near anything other than valient,worscter,glowworm when ive found s/d brilliant anyway in liverpool were charging for a combi swap and powerflush £1,500 and it only takes 1/2 a day so be careful as a powerflush should be done and done properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back