suggestions (TNT not an option)

B

breezer

Just come back from my mother's (she is pushing 75) her front garden is, well see for yourself

m1.jpg
left
m2.jpg
middle
m3.jpg
right
m4.jpg
drive

I have cropped the picture to remove the house

She said well why dont you (me) do it?

so i am asking for suggestions as to what to do.

Drive is beyond my ability, so that will have to stay as it is :cry:

path from front gate to hose is like most paths the shortest route, so any windy bits postman pat will ignore (under-standable really)

That leaves the grass and planting.

as you can see there is plants either side of the path, then grass

I would like to do something to make it look really nice even if that means relaying the path (not the drive) in say ?

or how about reshaping the grass areas, it must be within say £1k, and be able to be done (by me) in a week

opinions please

Sponsored Links
6 tonnes of gravel?

can you post an uncropped picture with the house, it will give a bit more perspective

6 tonnes of gravel? nah, thats in my garden, not my mothers.

I have deleted the pics :cry: but i will drive past later today, will get a daylight pic :)

Sponsored Links
thats better. what do you want to keep bearing in mind low maintenace

Thanks

she likes the tree, I think a new drive would be above me, so i guess both those must stay

in that case keep it simple. it will be cheaper and work better.

pathway to house

lay paving over that bedded in mortar (havnt i said that before somewhere) it will be quick and easy and will have an instant effect.

Beds.

if you are to keep them, go through them like a dose of salts. new planting in a mediteranean style is low maintainence, eg olive, cordyline, phormiums, bamboo etc. Cover them all with bark mulch, and recut all the edges.

Lawn.

either relay the lawn or go the way you have and gravel/slate etc etc them having pout down a decent landscaping fabric. No maintenace to do then (ie grass cutting for mummy!)
create intrest by doing planting in the gravel on each side as per above

repaint the gate

front wall could be rebuilt to tidy it up

thats my two penneth for a quick and cheap fix

Thankyou, never thought of bamboo (even though i have some)

sussh, dont mention the wall

Although I'm not keen on tarmac driveway but will look a lot tidy and cleaner

nice thought, but the drive is a very bad point with my mother (but you were not to know)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back