Dog and Jeyes fluid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our front garden path, is edged with that split log strip and the path slopes down slightly to the garden gate. The garden is slightly higher than the path. Our bitches big, older brother would habitually step up onto the pebbles, to pee on the logs and it would run down to the gate, which attracts other dogs to do the same at our gate. He had to be put down last year -old age.

She is much younger, spayed and copied his habit of stepping his front legs on the pebbles to pee - male like. She has free full access to our massive back garden, so no need to continue the habit and I would like to deter it. I heard Jeyes fluid was the stuff to use, so picked up a small bottle yesterday, expecting there to be some instructions suggesting how to dilute it and use it, but all it had was just safety instructions on the bottle.

How do I use this stuff please?

Sponsored Links
I’ve used it before to get rid of cats puss smell outside my workshop. About half a cupful to a bucket seemed to work.

Thanks, what do you do with it - pour it out of the bucket in the area, or spray it? I have spray bottles and a pump up garden spray available to me.

Sponsored Links
Just make sure that you keep the dogs well away from it, they have a habit of licking stuff and this can cause them a lot of problems.

Don't know about dogs, but when I had a squirrel in the roof, the pest guy recommended using rags with J's fluid (autocorrect won't play ball) neat on the area and repeating it frequently.
Eventually the fluid will overpower whatever hormone is in the urine.
So long as the dog doesn't begin to associate peeing with J's - or every cleaner who walks past might get a wet leg?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back