Advice for relaying path

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are planning on tackling our front garden finally but im a bit stumped on how to approach it. We just want to relay the path to the house and the side path with some new slabs and improve the font steps.

The problem is that its very uneven and slopes down, and the part to the side of the house is slanting and needs raising slightly so its all at the right level. The steps at the font are also all a bit wonky. I removed one slab on the corner and the base seems to be fine.

Im not quite sure the best way to tackle this..

First thoughts was to remove all slabs and shutter it all up and lay new concrete over the base to start fresh but i feel like it would required a lot of concrete! just for the side return its 0.8m3 (20cm x 120cm x 360cm) to level it with the step.

then if i do level off the path it requires even more, and with an additional step at the front it makes a drop either side onto the grass - which im not sure how to fill in.

Im planning on replacing the front brick wall with a sleeper wall

Maybe this is the only way, but would really appreciate any advice! thanks!

IMG_20200526_194328.jpg IMG_20200526_194342.jpg IMG_20200520_205904.jpg IMG_20200809_164631_compressed.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back