Suitability of external Expansion Vessel to Potterton Boiler

dja

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
After shutting down our boiler (Oil fired Potterton Statesman Flowsure+) for the summer, came to check it over today before firing up and found loads of water (several cupfuls) coming out of the EXV valve head when I pressed it in. I also tried to pump it up with a foot pump when I thought I'd got all the water out and there were lots of water bubbling sounds as I pumped. Following this more water came out.
So assuming that the EXV is U/S, I'm wondering about fitting an external one rather than the one at the front of the boiler, (bigger choice and cheaper).
As this boiler has a heat-store within the boiler casing I'm wondering if there would be an complications in doing this.
The EXV fitted is 10 litres, would going up in size be a benefit for future expansion?
Many thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back