Suitable replacement screws?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a dismantled Ikea Hemnes 8 drawer unit.

Most of the screws used are 4 mm allen screws 50 mm long and with a thread OD of 6.9 mm.

But about 10 of the screws need to be longer at about 70-80 mm.

Now this is the funny thing but I dismantled the drawers and ALL the screws are just 50 mm long.

Trying to find screws from Screwfix or Toolstation but they don't seem to have any very similar at all.

The Ikea instructions don't help me either as they don't give the dimensions of the screws used.

Anyone know what is wrong and where I could get some screws to fit?

Thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links
i have been told that have a container where you can get the screws in store for free
if not issac lord
woodfit
irnmongery direct
do you have a picture off the exact sort

Sponsored Links
Wow, that exactly what I need.

But was somehow hoping to get it by Friday locally from Screwfix or whatever.

Box of screws in store would be good if they really had one but that sounds a bit hit and miss when the over populated store at Neasden is involved. It can take an hour to park there.

But thanks for your help, at least I know what they are called now and will order some and see when they arrive!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back