Summer House Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

View media item 20541 View media item 20542 View media item 20540 View media item 20539
I know I've been round plumbing and electrics with this so far, but I promise this is the last one :)

I'm out to garden opinion of the plans I've drawn up for an extension to girlfriend's dad's summer house. Basically he wants a W/C in it to prevent unnecessary trips up the garden.

What do you guys think? I know we're very close to a the sewer (I believe it's private as the house is 1970) so I've taken the strip foundation down to the invert of it, then laid concrete blocks on top.

The floor will probably have to be about 100mm below the DPC, constructed of 100mm hardcore, sand, polythene, 100mm concrete and 25mm screed. I'm using solid walls as there's not much point creating a cavity (it's a summer house after all, and the rest is only single leaf AFAIK).

The walls will be rendered on the outside and boarded on the inside. The existing sewer/drain running under the summer house will be guarded by encased in the new strip foundation.

How am I doing? :LOL:

EDIT:
Please see the separate discussions on the other forums relating to the electrics and plumbing.

Sponsored Links
You need to simplify the design layout in the loo, i.e. lose the other door and have the basin and loo as one room. It seems as though you have designed it with the view of more than one person in there at one time -one washing and one peeing. A bit like a pub loo.

The sewer connection looks ok, i presume you will be connecting onto the sewer via an inspection chamber.

You need to simplify the design layout in the loo
I've tried to get that changed! Unfortunately he wants them separate, but I still don't quite understand why (something to do with hearing the chain flush in the other room I think).

A bit like a pub loo.
With a big bar and fridge, I think that's what he's looking to do :LOL: !

The sewer connection looks ok, i presume you will be connecting onto the sewer via an inspection chamber.
I did consider it but wan't sure so I didn't include it as the other inspection pit is so close.

Is that what Richard means by it in no way complies with building regs?

I think Richard is concerned about the project as a whole. Though i am unsure as to where you stand.

I guess the toilet waste could be connected without the need for a pit so long as the rodding point is close and upstream.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back