summerhouse with felt roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
getting a summerhouse but they only do felt roof is straight forward to replace with rubber or place over the top

Sponsored Links
If you are building a kit summerhouse and it is supplied with felt you can simply buy rubber and use that instead.
If the supplier is also erecting it ask if they will use rubber that you supply instead of the felt they will supply. Would you be willing to pay a few quid extra for them to do it?
You may also have to sign a waiver to absolve them from any responsibility if the roof leaks at some future date.

we are buying it, we did ask about a rubber roof and and she just said no its felt and we left it there suppose we could ask, we know a roofer who could do it for us if it was straight forward just go over the top i would like him to start dismantling anything.. thanks

I fitted my roof felt from side to side with a 4" overlap and a bead of sealant in between the layers.
It stood up to a tremendous thunderstorm a few weeks ago when we experienced flash flooding on the roads.

Sponsored Links
we are buying it, we did ask about a rubber roof and and she just said no its felt
Should have bought a better one.

Felt, felt shingles, onduline, rubber, wooden shingles - they all ought to be options really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back