sunken bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I have been asked to install a sunken bath, I haven't seen the place yet so dont know whether its ground floor or upstairs, However I have never done one before and am thinking of not quoting, but just wanted a guide to hoe difficult/easy it is, any clues?

Sponsored Links
i will be doing one of these in a loft style room over my garage because the garage has a high ceiling and the stairs for the room above are at one end and the area left over to the right of the stairs is enough to sink the bath, and no use for anything else.

so, for my purposes, i will have to submit full plans and get approval from the building inspector, because the floor support for the room will be affected/altered from the original plans

i guess it will be easier to comment when you've actually seen what the home is like and whether they want it on the ground floor or not

Thanks for the reply, Im going to look at it tommorow night, I'll get back to you then

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back