I'm looking for a bath with steps inside for floor mounting..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Once upon a time I wanted a sunken bath on my new build. Structural engineer said no, do to complexity of where I wanted it. Now that the house has been constructed, due to a floor level change in adjacent rooms I actually have an area of my bathroom where the floor is 300mm lower than the rest of the floor, approx. 3m x 1m. I'm now looking for a bath that I can drop into this to achieve a "mostly sunken" bath - if the bath were 400mm to 500mm deep then only a small amount would stick up above the floor level..
..but I'd need a set of steps in the bath to get down into it and that's where I'm struggling. Sunken baths that I've found seem to be formed directly into the floor, like a swimming pool rather than being a tub one drops in. a Jacuzzi might work, though they don't seem to fit the hole I have

Has anyone any suggestions of what I might search for, websites I might look on, or whether custom made baths are available - essentially looking for a tub up to 2m x 1m with one or 2 steps in one corner..

Alternatively, is it wise to form the tub into the structure of the building, on the first floor of a timber framed house? I've a concern about flexing/movement that may break the seals, that I wouldn't have if the water vessel was a self contained unit..

Sponsored Links
I have been to fix a boiler at a shared rented out flat with a standard but sunken flush bath.

The tenants tell me they don't like it because its so difficult to get into!

Tony

Today there is an alternative with walk in bath tub that allow people to partake in the baths they've always enjoyed, but without the struggle of getting back out of the tub again. Additionally, those with hydrotherapy, which can help remove aches and pains as well as tension, you might see in these kind of bathtubs.

Sponsored Links
I don't fancy those walk-in baths. You'd need to sit in it while it filled and, even worse, while it drained.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back