Sunken Spots (Halogen)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok... HELP..... I am about to have a new kitchn fitted... I currently have an artexed ceiling with wat i call salford swirl on it (its not a smooth finish), however, i want sunken spots in the kitchen, do i have to have a false ceiling put in to do this?? OR can it be done on the original ceiling? Will i have to have the ceiling re-done so its smooth & then have the spots done??? Shall i do this before i have the kitchen put in or after??
I hope someone can help..

Sponsored Links
I am not sure if this is an urban myth, but I have been told that artex contains asbestos fibres & should be treated with extreme care.Perhaps somebody could confirm or refute this.

Asbestos was used in certain products until 2000.

But if its non-asbestos, it wont be a problem to fit halogen lights into it. Though there may be small gaps around the fitting, so if you want a sleek finish, sand down the artex just where the light will sit on the ceiling.

Thanks.... I didnt know about it containing asbedos... we've just sanded a full ceiling with not much of a mask on each!! OOoooppppss

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back