Sunvic Two Channel Electronic Programmer Select 207XL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own a Sunvic Select 207XL dual channel (heat and hot water) controller installed March 2007.

Tried to start the heat last night, held out as long as possible but when I turned the unit on, red lights fail and unit does not turn on.

Can someone suggest best and cheapest/easiest DIY fix for this problem?

Thank you!

I wrote to the manufacturer, QUICK response!!! They seem very prepared for such letters:

Firstly, many thanks for contacting us. Although we are not aware of any systemic "issue" with these units.

Incidentally, this particular model (Select XL) has not been produced for nearly two years, being replaced by the updated Sunvic Select XLS range with the larger screen and much increased functionality. The large display and easy programming of the Sunvic Select XLS Programmers have already generated extremely enthusiastic feedback both from the trade and indeed from many end users.

Our long standing world-wide reputation for quality and service is supported by our fully integrated facility offering fast and effective solutions to our customer’s requirements. Sunvic's globally accepted products are developed by a team of highly qualified engineers experienced in mechanical, electrical and electronic design and utilizing leading edge technology to meet progressive new product requirements. Sunvic Controls are BS EN ISO 9001:2000 certified, holding ASTA BEAB factory approval, SABS approval and WRAS approval. With BS EN 60730-1 approval on many of our products.

However, Sunvic Controls Ltd do not sell direct to consumers or to the public, we only supply to the trade through our account-based customers. You will have purchased this product through a third Party so that’s with whom you have your contract and your implied rights, (under the UK "Sale of Goods Act" and also under the “European Warranty legislation” Directive 1999/44/EC - this Directive clearly identifies that it is the "final seller" who is responsible to the consumer and not the manufacturer).

As the manufacturer, Sunvic therefore have no contract or obligations with you. Any complaint, warranty claims or technical concerns must be taken up with your original supplier, in fact we have a contractual commitment with our clients which precludes our becoming involved. Sunvic are also aware that our many different distributors offer very different warranty periods on our products, and vastly differing levels of customer care - this is clearly outwith our control.

Sunvic Controls as a company regard the quality of our product as paramount and very much appreciate help and assistance from our customers and end users towards improving the quality and reliability of our product. We thank you again for your feedback and do genuinely regret that if you cannot get satisfaction from your supplier; Merchant, Installer or Retailer, (i.e. the "final seller"") sadly there is nothing more we can do.

Many thanks
Sunvic Controls Ltd

Sponsored Links
Yeah I got this reply as well when I complained about the 4th failure in less than 3 years. There is an inherent fault with these.

I did get a replacement 207 from Sunvic though (you're not supposed to know that) but they wouldn't send me the 207XLS which I had asked for.

In the meantime, I replaced it with a Siemens RWB29. It uses the same back plate so was easy to fix.

I have a brand new spare 207XL if you want to make me an offer!

You will have purchased this product through a third Party so that’s with whom you have your contract and your implied rights, (under the UK "Sale of Goods Act" and also under the “European Warranty legislation” Directive 1999/44/EC - this Directive clearly identifies that it is the "final seller" who is responsible to the consumer and not the manufacturer).
Sunvic are quite correct. You will have to complain to the person who sold you the programmer. If a plumber/heating engineer supplied and installed it for you, then he is the person you should contact. Under the Sale of Goods Act the seller has limited liability for six years from date of sale for faulty goods. The plumber is responsible for taking the problem up with his suppler, who will take it up with Sunvic. Your first remedy is to have the programmer repaired or, if uneconomic, replaced. But how long you have had it will be taken into account, so you may have to make a contribution towards the cost of a new one.

The important thing to remember is that that good have to be "of merchantable quality" and " fit for purpose". A programmer which fails after 2½ years is neither. So the supplier is in breach of contract.

Question. If Sunvic does not have many of these failures, why they have a standard letter to send out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back