Sunvic wireless room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently using a wireless sunvic room thermostat (very basic one with + and - on display). Since i moved in a couple of years ago i have had nothing but problems with my heating. My boiler is a Vaillant Ecomax and the programmer is a Honeywell (sorry i don't have the model numbers at the moment i am in work stressing about it and need to get the problem sorted!!). my heating system is a traditional one (not a combi) When i set the the room stat to a higher temperature than the room the the central heating does not click on. If i press the test button on the the receiver the heating will come on for a while but then appears to stop (the rads get warm but then go cold again after a while (especially if the hot water is on) - without reaching the desired temperature on the room stat). Does this sound like the stat has broken down or the receiver? I am getting hot water fine, so i guess the boiler is working fine.
I am also thinking that maybe the diverter valve is not working properly, perhaps its not switching over for the heating? does this sound likely?

Any help would be raelly apprecaited - i am getting so fed up with no heating!!

Matt.

Sponsored Links
Are the batteries good in the stat unit?

Is there an indicator light that comes on, on the receiver to tell you it has received the signal to come on?

Thanks for the reply

The batteries are good, i only replaced them a little while ago.

As for the light coming on, i will have to check when i get in.

So i can assume that if the light is coming on to say there is a signal then its the receiver that isn't sending on the message and if no light then its the stat?

Do you think there could be any other problem with valve, programmer etc? or just that i am using a complete **** make of stat....!!

Sponsored Links
If there is a light on the receiver then that eliminates the stat. You then need to check if the power is leaving the receiver and getting to the valve. If it is, then the valve will be faulty.

Yes there is a set button on the stat.

There doesn't appear to be a light on the receiver so i guess that means the stat is dead!

have you tried pressing the set button and the + button at the same time, this turns up the temperature on stat , but if there is no light gas4you is probably right.

Take the stat and sit it next to the receiver, then try it.

I have sat the stat right next to the receiver and still nothing, i have also wacked the temperature on the stat right up to max but thats not working either. Got a feeling that gas4you is right. I am going to check all of those things tomorrow night.

Thanks for all your help everyone, really do appreciate it.

Well, i bought and installed a new wireless stat and receiver. All works fine. However, the heating will only work when i am not requesting hot water. I tend to always leave the hot water switched on to continuous on the programmer so i never have to wait for hot water, but because i always leave it on that means the heating never clicks on even if that is always switched to continuous. Is this normal? or is there now another problem?

Get someone in to check your wiring, you should be able to get CH and HW together there must some wiryodes in the wrong terminyations :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back