SuperFoil on conservatory ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all -

I'm thinking of insulating this conservatory ceiling with one of the layered foil-foam-foil type products like SuperFoil, and then over-boarding it from the inside with T&G or maybe just ply which I'd then paint. Anybody got any experience / tips or advice on this, please ? Might sound daft but a real concern - should I paint the plastic ceiling first, eg/ with just some matt black, to prevent dazzling passing airline pilots ? Cheers all - Chris.

Attachments

• Conservatory.jpg
    Conservatory.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
No need to paint the roof, screw tile batten to the glazing bars that will create a ventilation gap, then staple the foil to the battens...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220218-141233_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220218-141233_Chrome.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20220218-141252_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220218-141252_Chrome.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 58
You can batten again on top of the foil to accept whatever finish you are using.

Sponsored Links
Keep a very careful eye on the install instructions for your 'superfoil'- they usually rely on a sealed air gap either side to achieve the quoted u value

i would be worried about the extra weight, so want to keep that to minimum
how big is the area concerned ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back