Conservatory oversite plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I just came up the following spec for the oversite of my 6x3m conservatory

I'm looking to install a wet heating system with a 65mm thermal screed before tiling / laminating

Does it look spot on or am i being too cautious with the thickness of the insulation and multiple vapor layers?

Would Polystyrene be a cheaper as efficient option and do away with the extra two layers of polythene? - my concerns here would also be laying a screed over polystyrene vs celotex in terms of strengh

100mm MOT Type 1
Sand blinding - 25mm-50mm
DPM - 1200g turned up into DPC
100mm concrete slab (with rebar)
1200g vapor polythene sheet (to stop moitsure from cement attacking celotex foam)
75mm Celotex/Kingspan or 125mm polystyrene insulation
1200g vapor polythene sheet (to stop screed from attacking celotex foil)
ProWarm / Polypipe Wet Heating system
65mm thermal screed (top of screed level with house DPC)

thanks

Andrew

Sponsored Links
I would check with your LABC to see what they will allow. Building regulations stipulate that conservatories have heating systems that are "independent"

Some LABC's say independent means just that; in that it is not connected to the main house heating system in any way, shape or form. Others seem to accept it being linked to the boiler, as long as it has separate time control and thermostat.

I would check with your LABC to see what they will allow. Building regulations stipulate that conservatories have heating systems that are "independent"

Some LABC's say independent means just that; in that it is not connected to the main house heating system in any way, shape or form. Others seem to accept it being linked to the boiler, as long as it has separate time control and thermostat.

Thanks Stem, I'm not so worried about the heating system, I will be going independent and underfloor regardless, im keeping outside of the LABC on most accounts with the overall build.

Andrew

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back