What screed can be installed ~30mm deep on a floating floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have ~55mm I need to fill to make the conservatory level with the rest of the house.

I would like to lay 25mm Celotex to help reduce how cold the floor is before I lay underfloor heating. I know 25mm Celotex isn't much, but I'm sure it will help.

Sand/Cement floating screed needs to be a minimum 65mm for regs. Is there any other type of screed I can use in this scenario?

P.S this is an old conservatory we are making better as part of our renovations. It has a 100mm polystyrene layer below the concrete.

EDIT: Does the concrete base need to be level before laying the floating insulation? Some areas are slightly raised from removing the old screed. Only a mm or so.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Use thicker celotex and 18mm ply.
I guess i'd need to use some self leveller on the concrete to get it level before laying the celotex and ply otherwise it'd be impossible to get it level with the rest of the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back