Supplementary Bonding.

E

EdwardCurrent

Hello, and Happy Easter to All.

Can someone here please settle a difference of opinion that me and my boss had on Thursday I wonder ?.

Installation is a flat where the water pipes are all plastic. In the bathroom do you still need to run a 4mm 'earth' between the different circuits (shower and Lighting) ??.

Many Thanks.

Ed.

Sponsored Links
Tho the requirements for the circuits in a bathroom also change when the 17th come in. There are also other things to consider before ommitting supplementary bonding i.e. the effectiveness of the bonding of extraneous conductive parts to the MET, all circuits to be RCD protected and disconnection times to be met.

Sponsored Links
Hello, and Happy Easter to All.

Can someone here please settle a difference of opinion that me and my boss had on Thursday I wonder ?.

Installation is a flat where the water pipes are all plastic. In the bathroom do you still need to run a 4mm 'earth' between the different circuits (shower and Lighting) ??.

Many Thanks.

Ed.

It depends if the equipment is within the Zones or not. If they are then yes. If they aren't then no. (16th)

Thank you all for your replies.

Shower in zone 1, and fan in zone 2.
Property being installed to 16th.

Ed.

Hello,

Just to put this one to bed, my boss refuses point blank to supply the 4mm and when I said I might have an old drum in my garage he replied he didn't want us taking time to do the job (5 flats and 9 new build houses). (ltg/fan and shower isolators are a @6" apart above the b/room door).

I even asked him to have a look at page 31 OSG !

Disappointing to say the least as this guy gives the impression he 'knows it all' & has apprentices etc. I have not worked for him for long and the future doesn't look bright ;)

Regards

Ed

As you say, not a good sign :rolleyes:

Tell him you'll carry out your work including omitting supplementary bonding but you won't sign the EIC as the constructor until the work is completed ie supplementary bonding installed.
After all, how can you? Work hasn't been constructed in accordance with BS7671:2001 amended to No.2 2004.

Maybe line another job up first though :D

Hello

Gary, I am usually done and dusted before he has another bloke comes and test, and I haven't met him for a chat yet. (I'm signing nothing ;)) .

JD, Yes, all pipes are plastic.

Ed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back