Supplier for carvings sought

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a supplier of small ornate wood/resin carvings-the type used on French/shabby chic furniture. I have only found one supplier on ebay (Woodstyle) and also Winther Browne. Given the amount of embellishments and pediments on most white painted furniture there must be many sources for these carvings which escape me! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Roy

Sponsored Links
Hi Breezer,
Many thanks for your response but the link isn,t connecting.Could you let me have the web address. Thanks, Roy

Sponsored Links
I think breezer was directing you to use Google. The problem about carving embellished/carved furniture is that many of the firms making it also make their own copy carvings and don't sell out even into the trade (and in any case the trade is based in Italy, Vietnam and India these days). I've seen the stuff being made in Italy on copy carvers 48 at a time then hand "detailed" by carvers at the bench, although that was 20 odd years ago. Items such as corbels, etc which are used in kitchens are generally available off the shelf (even Hafele sell some), but the range is a bit limited and for the rest you'll struggle, IMHO

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back