Suppliers of fire rated French doors or other double doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the middle of refurbing my new house and I've been told I need to install fire rated doors between the kitchen/living area (open plan) and the stairs/front door. Apparently this is because the house has three floors and should a fire occur in the kitchen, anyone in the top floor wouldn't have sufficient time to escape without them.

Originally I was planning to install French doors, but now I'm having difficulty finding any which are fire rated and don't cost £1k+. Does anyone know of any French/double doors which are FD30 rated at a lower price?

The door can be upto 2200x1250mm, although ideally would like ~1950x1200.

Any pointers greaty appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I doubt you will find what you are looking for, the problem is that fire rated clear glass is £££s per m2. Try ringing a few suppliers and see if they will supply you a door with Georgian wired fire rated glass, if you're prepared to accept it!

Thanks for the advice, I was hoping maybe I'd missed a trick, but I guess it was just wishfull thinking.

I've also been looking for fire rated double doors without glass, but haven't had too much luck finding many of those either. Guess I'll just have to phone around tomorrow and see whats on offer. Any suppliers you would recommend trying?.

Thanks for the advice, I was hoping maybe I'd missed a trick, but I guess it was just wishfull thinking.

I've also been looking for fire rated double doors without glass, but haven't had too much luck finding many of those either. Guess I'll just have to phone around tomorrow and see whats on offer. Any suppliers you would recommend trying?.

The other thing you need to realise (and that you have now found out) is that a fire door is certified as such, in that you cannot make your own up by buying a door and glazing it yourself. They are certified (ie have markings on them to prove it) so that they are easily identifiable to interested parties (such as Building Control). I have no preferences as to suppliers they are all of a muchness.

Have a browse here regarding certification: http://www.firesafe.org.uk/html/fsequip/firedoor.htm

Sponsored Links

The other thing you need to realise (and that you have now found out) is that a fire door is certified as such, in that you cannot make your own up by buying a door and glazing it yourself. They are certified (ie have markings on them to prove it) so that they are easily identifiable to interested parties (such as Building Control). I have no preferences as to suppliers they are all of a muchness.

Have a browse here regarding certification: http://www.firesafe.org.uk/html/fsequip/firedoor.htm[/QUOTE]

Yes, unfortunately I have figured that out.

In my previous post by double door without glass, I meant a standard non glazed fire door. Not a Fire door supllied without the glass. Sorry, I can see how my original post would suggest the latter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back