Supply and waste at wrong end of bath - can I just 180 them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just having a new boiler fitted at the weekend so we can finally get on with sorting a new bathroom out.

Unfortunately the current bath has taps and waste down the wrong end for the new bath so I'm wondering........

After the 15mm hot and cold feeds for the basin/toilet have gone would I be good to use a selection of 22mm fittings to send the mains hot and cold to the other end of the bath?

It might not look amazing but I can't see any problems apart from the hot tap shoving out cold for a second or two longer than usual.

Many thanks.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you are re-running all the hot and cold pipework, I really don't see a problem.

It's probably advisable to have a look at where the pipe comes out of the floor. You may find that the hot and cold supply actually comes up where you want it, it just doesn't exit the floor space until it is needed over by the current bath and sink arrangement.

That way, you can T into it there and have the remainder of the pipework just running to feed the basin and the toilet?

Have a look at exactly how the 22mm comes out of the floor, you can make a good decision from there. For instance, dont put return bends at the top where you have identified, cut further down and run the pipe from there, eliminating that pointless section of pipe.

Thanks for the reply.

So I'll be ok to put a return bend after the compression fittings? The two 15mm pipes actually need to stay where they are, we're just turning the new bath around for practical reasons e.g a P shaped bath would be better the other way.

Obviously I'd also have to slope the new waste but not problem.

Thanks

If you are buying new 22mm pipe to carry the supply pipework to the bath taps at the other end then I strongly recommend that you do not put U-bends on the current pipework unnessasarily. It is never a good idea to have unnessasary bends in your pipework.

Again, you may find (once you remove the current bath) that the 22mm actually runs from one end of the bath to the other anyway.

Have a look at your current pipework arrangement in full

If the 22mm comes out where you need it anyway, I would T the 15 mm from there and run that to connect to the existing 15mm for the basin.

Also, fit some in line isolation valves when you redo the pipe, it helps when replacing taps etc. :)

Sponsored Links
I managed to get the camera under the floorboards under the bath. You were right, seems the 22mm passes near the other end. I'll T that up to the new taps using 22mm and use the existing pipework for the taps etc after terminating the current 22mm.

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back