supply for built in oven and microwave

4 Dec 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi I am fitting a new kitchen and will be having a 3.7kw built in single oven and a 3.2kw grill/microwave combi built in oven, I will also have a hob which I intend to connect to my existing cooker supply. Can you please tell me what type of supply I need to have fitted for for these appliances. The new ovens will be on the opposite side of the room to the existing cooker supply.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
So you will using the existing cooker supply for hob only?
New circuit for combi oven and single oven?
or two new circuits one for each(combi oven and single oven)?
Yes I will use the existing cooker supply for the hob but will need a supply for the ovens. Could they both ovens be run from one supply?
Sponsored Links
What do the maker's instructions say with regard to the fusing requirements for each appliance.?

I'll be they say it needs a 16A fused supply, in which case your electrician will need to install two separate new circuits and isolator switches, etc etc

Or were you planning to do it yourself?
I havn't got the ovens yet but I think in the shop it said 16a supply. I will get an electrician to do the job but need to know the requirements so that I get the job done right. Will that mean two circuits from the consumer unit with 2.5mm cable?
I would install at least 4.00mm T&E that will account for any upgrades/increase of load in the future, they are at least in place then, so no ripping out and starting again. Should only cost about 30p-50p extra per metre for materials.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links