Supply to shed from static caravan?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone has asked me run power for a single socket & lighting to a shed from their static caravan on a residential park.
Obviously the relevant regulations will be followed, but what's the norm when doing this sort of work as it'll need some sort of removable cabling I'd imagine as the van will need moving when it comes to the end of it's lease I'm sure.
Do I need to clear anything with the site management, can I use a 'caravan hook up' in the shed itself or are they just for main supply etc...

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
If the cable needs to be run underground anywhere I definately think it should be cleared with site management to avoid any conflicts with existing cables.

How is the caravan supplied? where is the shed relative to the caravan? How long does the owner plan to keep that caravan in that location?

If the supply to the caravan is hardwired then I don't see any problem with hardwiring the new run. If the supply to the caravan is plug and socket you might want to consider something plug and socket based for your new run so the caravan is still removable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back