Support for bottom hip tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This tile has slipped after 3 years only.
I won't be able to fix it myself as it's 7m up in the air!
Should i specify some kind of supporting iron at the base when i get it rebedded? If so what?
Any other recommendations to make sure i get a durable repair?
IMG_20200425_163231787.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks both
As above should have a hip iron on all hips. Obviously the mortar work is poor anyway
I didn't realise that, should I be getting all of the hips and the ridge taken off and redone? (it doesn't surprise me, everything the builder team did was only just about good enough. Pretty much the same 3 guys did everything from foundations to roof.)

Sponsored Links
If you have no hip irons fitted, which is pretty basic. I would think about what else is not right.
Get a reputable roofer to do your hip irons and check over

Must admit, my attitude would be if it aint broke, dont fix the other ones??

Ken.

Thanks all, the other two hips both have irons. Maybe they forgot to buy 3 when they were in wickes.
I'm sure other things are wrong, the language barrier was one thing and the actual boss was hardly ever on site.
We have someone coming to fix it soon, two roofer got back to me and one is going to come and do it

Certainly the pointing on the replaced tile is a load better than the rest??

The guy came first thing this morning, only took him an hour or so cost 120. He found another area with missing mortar and filled that too but he said overall the roof is good enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back