Supporting a Flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Was hoping someone could help. I have been advised that I have an unsupported Flue coming from my boiler and the gas man advised that I need to support it... and said that I could find out how to do that online.

I have scoured Google and cannot find any decent instructions.

Is there anyone out there that could give me any advice on how to support a Flue?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Is this an industrial flue about 100 feet high?

images

If you had a gasman who could not/would not tell you how to support a flue my advice would be get another gasman.

Perhaps he was not being paid to advise on supporting flues?

Sponsored Links
The fact is he did not. I know that I can get flue brackets from any trade/DIY retailer, but my query would be, is there a wrong way to go it?

The flue comes out ot the top of the boiler, takes a 45 degree turn for a matter of inches and then straightens up and goes straight up through the loft and out. Is there any key points in the flue that require support?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back