Supporting garden partition wall that has little foundation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

can anyone help please? - Ive insanely decided to rip up old patio and prepare the ground for a new sub base. Ive taken out small bed and found that partition wall behind is hanging on a 4 inch concrete base with earth under it (6ft long). Can I ram bits of brick and stone in and point in mortar ( want to render the whole wall eventually? do i need to carefully dig out sections and dig down to put in a concrete foundation then build up? Do I need to consider some kind of DPM sheeting as new patio will be under it?

Any suggestions would be great (before I call in a builder!)

Many thanks

Mark
:oops:

Sponsored Links
Can you dig a portion out to get a block in, so that that the block is widening the contact area? You would be doing 9 inches of the wall each time. If you can, try for two blocks deep (8") and dig a foundation for the block. Fill with cement and slide the blocks in under the wall. You will have to do this from both sides. When this sets hard move along the wall and repeat until complete.

Hope this makes sense ...............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back