Suprima 30 Boiler lock out - new Seimens PCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Suprima 30 Boiler, 19 years old - with the new Seimens PCB that has been running for almost 4 years without issue. Regularly serviced and clean system, Y-plan open vented.

I'm getting red LED blinks per second: red, red then 2 second gap before red, red etc

I've check the actuator and that has moved to correct position.

Does anyone know what the red blink sequence means?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The codes come with the new PCB and the fitter should have left them with the boiler manual for the user.

You can probably download them from the Potterton web site.

In many cases they result from a faulty PCB.

Tony

I thought a red flashing light was just a general fault code, does the boiler lock out?

Finally found the manual. Press the reset button for 10 seconds and boiler tries to cycle again but locks out. Flow chart points towards ignition lockout (gas flow, sensors or PCB fault). Already contacted local GS engineer. Thanks for ^ input.

Sponsored Links
It is a series of several different flashing codes.

But many just result from a PCB fault.

In this case it probably is what the fault code says and will need an RGI.

The only thing you can do is perhaps confirm there is a gas supply at hob or cooker.

At this age of boiler the gas valve can sometimes fail.

Tony

Thanks for posting the result

Imho it's a pain to read a thread (often in hope) with no result

I actually have a suprema that is currently buggered and am surviving on the immersion
Hopefully it will be affordable to fix
It was reluctant to light then finally gave up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back