Suprima boiler keep relighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a suprima boiler which keeps relighting, the green and orange light flashes and then relights. It does not lock out, and no red light appears. Pump and 3 port seem to be ok. Rads and water are kept just warm.
Had PCB board replaced with new genuine one a few years ago.
Any ideas.
Mike

Sponsored Links
if not your valve is sticking open
How does a 3 port valve sticking cause the boiler to cycle? not being sarcastic just wonder if I've been missing something, somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Feel happier now I know someone else is as bad as me at this job :oops:

hey
scratch-head02-idea-animated-animat.gif

Ity sounds as if its going off after the flame is detected otherwise it would lock out.

The answer is likely to be gas related and cannot be discussed on an open forum.

Tony

can you still hear the spark clicking after the boiler has lit?

normally 13 clicks before ditchihng out and trying again

Chances are its the PCB again,could be the thermistor also. If theres no lockout & you can rule out pump,actuators,stats then its pointing towards PCB again,quite a problem on these models. Ive just installed a new one on my 40l & its the second one in 3yrs,bad design methinks.

I was having similar problem with my suprima 50, boiler only on for 30 secs or so and kept kicking in but not locking out and flow/rads etc just warm and not hot so house not budging from about 17 degrees. Was as if boiler stat was saying temp satisfied when it obviously wasn't.

Anyway, just replaced thermistor on flow for £10. After around an hour the system seems to have sorted itself out, rads and flow piping and temp at 19 already. Target is 20.

Don't know if this helps, would appreciate any help people may have with my cyl stat issue. See my forum if interested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back