Suprima 40 Locking out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have a Suprima 40 that is giving me grief. It has been working for 3 years reasonably happily.

The jets will not light. I can see the sparks and according to the manual it is going thru the correct startup procedure (flashing green LED , fan kicks in, etc). I took the PCB off and saw some bad joints (as usual after reading on here!). Resoldered them but still the same.

After 3 ignition attempts, the red light just flashes.

Gas Valve fault?

Sponsored Links
Could be. Check the voltage on the terminals, but DO NOT CHANGE IT YOURSELF! Sometimes the gas valve goes short and takes the pcb with it :LOL: :rolleyes: :(

would it not be btter to dissconnect the gas coil and check its resistance? you can have voltge and no current, if the coil has gone open circuit you will still get a voltage going to it, but it will not do anything, checking its resistance will tell you if it is ok or not

Sponsored Links
okey dokey breezer me old mate, what values should the resistance be between? It's an inductive component - what would the resistance change by for one shorted turn? :evil:

Seriously though - check everything and glean what you can. Or nothing if not "competent"!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back