Potterton Suprima 40

Ego

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Potterton Suprima 40 (about 6 years old) and all suddenly it stopped working. I see there are many many posts about the Suprima series but I was not able to find anything with exactly the same symptoms.

The red light is flashing (about 1 time per second). If I press Reset, both red and green lights stay on for about 5 seconds, then the green disappears and the red starts flashing as before. There is no attempt to start at all, just the flashing red light.

I switched off the main overninght; when switched on the symptom is the same.

I see from the forum that very often the PCB fails, can this be the case?

I am going to call a Corgi Engineer but before I'd like to know if it could be something else...

I see the PCB is quite expensive, ...if the problem is the PCB I'd like to get a reconditioned one (can you recommend this? ...any recommended seller?) and replace it by myself (I have basic DIY skills but it does not seems difficult... or do you suggest a Corgi engineer is better to do this job?).

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Its most likely to be the PCB, but not definately. You should use a new one as its been modified and vastly immproved, a refurb one prob won't last. It should be fitted by an RGI as it involves removing the sealed casing. and yes it will prob be quite expensive.

I always recommend a CORGI and in this case a Potty or BG fixed price repair is best as you get a brand new latest PCB and a 12 months guarantee.

If you are a real cheapskate and must get a recon old style pcb then get one from CET as you can fit that one yourself and they give a one year return to base guarantee. Its time Geoff bought me a curry!

I bet I know what you are going to do!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back