Suprima 60 Boiler Hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: I seem to have the opposite problems to previous threads, My 7 year old Potterton Suprima 60 boiler has just started to have the dreaded problems!
On the old P c b, it would cut out and have a constant red light , which at first could be rectified by pressing the reset button, then after a short while doing this would not clear the problem! This problem only occured when the Honeywell programmer was in the Hot water only mode, however when the Heating was turned on the boiler worked fine! I contacted a plumber and it was thought the boiler needed the new Pcb replacement kit 5111603, this was installed yesterday, however I now have same problem except this time I have a constant amber light when in Heating only mode and because Pottertons now have a different st up on this pcb,I can not reset it1
Is there anyone out there tat might know were the problem lies as it is driving me mad!

Sponsored Links
HI

give more clear details on the boiler operation.

When the boiler had the original P c b installed, only when the programmer was in Hot water only mode either 24 hours or twice per day it would cut out and have a constant red light showing , which at first could be rectified by pressing the reset button, then after a short while, doing this would not clear the problem! however when the Heating was turned on at the programmer the boiler worked fine! I contacted a plumber and it was thought the boiler needed the new Pcb replacement kit 5111603, this was installed yesterday, however I now have similar problem except this time I have a constant amber light which comes on after 15 minutes when the programmer is in Heating only mode and because Pottertons now have a different set up on this pcb, they have changed lighting colours and added a fault diagnosis code , however this only works if in lockout ie red light, I can not reset it either, only if in red light mode!
I hope this helps you a bit more
Thanks

When the boiler had the original P c b installed, only when the programmer was in Hot water only mode either 24 hours or twice per day it would cut out and have a constant red light showing ,

It was in standby mode

which at first could be rectified by pressing the reset button, then after a short while, doing this would not clear the problem!

It was in standby mode

I have a constant amber light which comes on after 15 minutes when the programmer is in Heating only mode

It was in standby mode

Pottertons now have a different set up on this pcb, they have changed lighting colours and added a fault diagnosis code ,

Bar stewards

I can not reset it either, only if in red light mode!
I hope this helps you a bit more
Thanks

Get a proper heating engineer in (Not a plumber) and let him have a sniff around your airing cupboard for clues.

Sponsored Links
however this only works if in lockout ie red light, I can not reset it either, only if in red light mode!

:LOL: To be able to reset the boiler (red light mode) switch the gas off at the meter. Switch the heating or hot water on, the red light will come on, you can now reset the boiler to your hearts content.

I contacted a plumber and it was thought the boiler needed the new Pcb
Don't they all :D

Boiler will only fire for short periods on HW mode....if its ok on heating then the boiler aint your problem.

You could have a faulty motorised valve, faulty cylinder stat or a blockage in your HW circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back