Suprima 80 Boiler

gazthepottertonengineer said:
ollski said:
gazthepottertonengineer said:
theres a parrot in here :LOL:

More like a pirate if you think that its fair to expect people to replace fan and pcb for a manufacturer fault ;)

how can it be a manafacturing fault if there are thousands upon thousands of suprimas out there still with the old pcbs that are working fine its just simply a weak point of the suprima :)
the fact that it was the best selling boiler in the country for nearly 10 years says alot and thats the main reason you get alot of posts on this site about them simply because there are millions out there :p
Maybe there are a lot out there that are ok, but it is infuriating when it is is only four years old and you are looking for a few hundred pounds to repair something that young. It may be something else as well not just the pcb. Having read the postings here it would appear that many have had to replace the fan as well!! More expense!!

Sponsored Links
all im saying is that things go wrong im sure if you brought a tv and it went wrong after 4 years you wouldnt be expecting the manafacturer to come out and repair it free of charge :mad:

About fifty quid a year, pippylion. About the same as you're probably paying to get the thing serviced. You are getting serviced every year, aren't you?

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
About fifty quid a year, pippylion. About the same as you're probably paying to get the thing serviced. You are getting serviced every year, aren't you?

Yes I do get it serviced every year but it doesn't cost £50. I have a good plumber who does not charge an unrealistic fee and knows what he is talking about. All I am upset about is that Potterton knew about the fault but still deny there was a problem. I have incidentally always had Potterton boilers one for 20 year and had no major problems. Perhaps things are only made to last 5 years now so that everyone must change to a condensing boilers!! I am not getting at anyone in particular but I do expect things to last a little longer than 4 years before breaking down including myself!! :LOL:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

gazthepottertonengineer wrote:
all im saying is that things go wrong im sure if you brought a tv and it went wrong after 4 years you wouldnt be expecting the manufacturer to come out and repair it free of charge icon_mad.gif
Not expecting anyone to come out for free but I could get a potterton engineer out for a £200 fee (as that was all they did as a package)and end up forking out that amount for a small inexpensive part!! Incidentally I have never had a tv break down after 4 years nor a washing machine etc etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back