Suprima PCB 5111603 Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just has the 5111603 PCB installed to address the usual lockout problem.

No problems so far but I've noticed with the CH that every 5 minutes or so the pump stops for about 3 seconds or so then restarts. There are no fault LEDs showing on the PCB and given the regularity of this I guess its just part of the normal operation (although it didn't occur with the old PCB).

Has anyone else noticed this or could I have a further problems with the PCB or pump?

Many thanks for any views,

Damian

Sponsored Links
I dont think this is correct!

Can you measure the voltage to the pump at the boiler terminals and confirm that the voltage goes off as well as the pump?

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm probably not competent to test this, although I do have a multimeter. Is there any other way of checking whether it is the pump or PCB? I know on the old PCB that the pump always kept running when there was a lockout.

Thanks,

Damian

Hi,

I've just been monitoring the cut-out over the last 30 minutes and it initially was cutting out around every 4 minutes (for a few seconds) gradually increasing to around every 3 minutes 30 seconds.

Very strange...

Thanks,

Damian

Sponsored Links
Never heard of this problem.

Check

Incoming wiring is correct. Live, neutral earth and switched live. It's not unknown for the pump feed and the s/live, or the live and s/live to be back to front.

Pump should be wired directly back to the boiler-pump feed (this should only control the pump).

Eliminate pump
Measure the voltage at the pump, does it drop every 4 minutes?

Or - connect the pump to a separate cable and 3a fused plug, or the permanent live connection in the boiler, so it runs all the time.
You just might have a wacky pump though have never heard of one doing that!

Hi,

Thanks for the quick replies.

I've observed the boiler and the pump cut-out seems to be in sequence with the burner coming into operation, basically this is what happens:

Burner in operation (continuous green LED on PCB),
Boiler temp satisfied, burner shuts off (flashing green LED),
After a few minutes LED goes to continuous orange for a few seconds (pump shuts off whilst orange),
LED then goes to flashing orange/green (pump restarts), and
Boiler ignites and back through the cycle.

This never previously happened with the old PCB and I've checked the wiring and it all seems to be in order. Could this be a local fault with this latest PCB?

Thanks again,

Damian

Damian30 said:
Burner in operation (continuous green LED on PCB),
Boiler temp satisfied, burner shuts off (flashing green LED),
After a few minutes LED goes to continuous orange for a few seconds (pump shuts off whilst orange),
LED then goes to flashing orange/green (pump restarts), and
Boiler ignites and back through the cycle.

Correct operation.Forget about it and enjoy :D

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - so this is the correct operation on the latest PCB and all pumps will do the same?

I can live with it but just wanted to make sure that it was correct - the orange LED though suggests that there is no external call for heat which certainly isn't the case?

Thanks,

Damian

think that means that the boiler stat is satisfied and is waiting to cool before firing up again

but i will leave it to the handsome potty guys who only want your money for their shoddy goods ;)

I kid I kid

lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back